Summer is quickly approaching, the kids’ school year coming to a close, and chances are good that you are looking for cheap things to do in Houston. Houston is a great city, with plenty to do and see, whether you are looking for a family outing, a cultural experience, or a romantic date night. Payless Power, provider of cheap electricity in Houston, offers some suggestions for cheap things to do in Houston.
- If you have kids, don’t miss The Children’s Museum of Houston. Renovated, and now twice as big, it is rated as a five-star nationwide children’s museum by Citysearch.com, and voted “Ultimate Kid-Friendly Attraction” in a Houston Chronicle reader’s poll. Best of all, admission is free on Thursdays from 5 to 8 p.m.!
- · For more free admission Thursday action, check out the Houston Museum of Fine Arts. Admission is free on Thursdays, courtesy of the Shell Oil Company. There is so much to see, it might take you a few Thursdays to manage it.
- The Museum of Natural Sciences has a free evening, as well. Tuesdays, from 2 until 8 p.m., you can visit all their permanent exhibits for free. If you feel like springing for a temporary exhibit instead, now is a great time to do it, because now through September 3, the museum is hosting an impressive Titanic exhibition.
- Another cool science exhibit is at the Health Museum of Houston. Running through August 26, “Cells: The Universe Inside Us” gives visitors a chance to walk through a giant cell, participate in hands-on activities, and generally gain a better understanding about what’s going on inside their bodies. With admission of only $6 for children and $8 for adults, this exhibit is definitely one of the fun and cheap things to do in Houston with your family.
- If museums aren’t your thing, consider the Waterwall. Houston’s most photographed attraction is also one of the great cheap things to do in Houston. This sixty-four foot “U” shaped fountain, on three acres shaded by 180 oak trees, is a perfect spot for picnicking, walking, or playing Frisbee. While you’re at it, check out The Buffalo Bayou, a waterway with bridges, parks, walkways, and trails for canoeing, kayaking, hiking and biking,
- Looking for a romantic evening out? From June 7–17, the Houston Ballet will present “Romeo and Juliet,” with music by Sergei Prokofiev. Admission starts at $18 a ticket!
- Strangely, one of the cheapest things to do in Houston can be paying your electric bill. Since deregulation, electric providers in Houston have been competing for your business by offering cheap electricity, often from sustainable sources.
While you are looking for cheap things to do in Houston, consider expanding your entertainment budget by lowering your bills! Everyone knows it’s more fun to spend you money on fun things to do in your local city. That’s why Payless Power seeks to offer you low electric rates in Houston so you can put more money into your life and not your bill. Call us today to find out if prepaid electricity is right for you, or visit the website to learn more about one of the best electric companies in Houston.